In this article I want to take you through a few of my favorite direct mailer ideas that have been proven to work over the years.
You don’t need to use all of these in one go but you should test one or two in each new mailing and see how your response changes.
Here we go…
1. Always use an indent at the start of a new paragraph because it will pull your readers in and make your copy like a greasy pole.
2. Try out using quotes in your headline because they always get attention.
3. Include honest reviews from happy customers in your copy. They make people trust you.
4. Make a story out of your copy and leave cliffhangers like the best soap operas do.
5. Be specific with your numbers.
6. Give your customers a frequently asked questions section.
7. Use all your styling tools like underlines and bolding but make sure that you only do it once in a while or it will loose impact.
8. Pay a little bit extra and send you stuff in colour.
9. Use lots of symbols in your copy. People love a question mark!
10. Try and write like you talk. You’re not trying to win any English awards here.
11. Include the readers name at the top of your mailer.
12. Test your headlines on Google AdWords before sending. This will show which one will pull the best.
If you follow these simple direct mailer ideas you will see your conversion rates and profit margins increase over time.
Make a note of what works and build on it maximizing your profits.